Having got up in the morning, as usual without caring much for the alarm bell that always seemed to disturb me from a much important and happening state of extreme intoxication that we more commonly call sleep, I was yet to decide upon my state of awakening..
As I looked at the sun that stared back at me through the mirror that faces the eastern window, I wondered, ‘Why should a good boy like the Sun, who does his job dot on time, rather creates time, govern lesser accomplished one like me to follow its greatness; with me having even lesser options to call it really worthy of something new to be added in my understanding and list of achievements’. I mean, no life is going to lose its breathe or go hoo hoo with me not shining out of my bed!!
I brushed my teeth with the same reluctance which I had a couple of decades back, only with a degree on Dental Health now to add on more weight to my endeavor, and compliment my sole inspiration and incentive to go thro this ritual of brushing…..Sipping a cup of real hot tea.
Watching that what’s left of the skyline from in between the tall and proud cement accomplishments thro my window has been my favorite wake up exercise as it almost instantly served to make me aware of the insanity with which I was supposed to invest my day. The sparse and obliterated skylines offered the waning opportunities of a fruitful survival while the proud and conceited buildings imposed the ambitious competition of the contemporary world.
Thus, having put up a start to take on the challenge of some achievement in the day that I could call my own, I more often than not, had made it a habit to push my burden to a convenient God more out of compulsion than devotion. A morning prayer that always had been served to me before morning tea right from my childhood times as a regular practice, offered help at such a time. But my attention, more out my own urge which no learned person or otherwise could acknowledge as spiritual, searched the table for the thermos in which my tea was usually kept by my dearest better half before she ever left for her morning walk.
The sincerity with which I opened the lid and poured the steaming tea in my cup was in no way lesser than any religious ritual that would require the sprinkling of holy water. My mind and body agreed to hold this cup of tea as would be the one to be served in the name of His glory at some Holy supper. With undivided attention I brought the cup to my lips and before I could comprehend I could feel it creating an undivided energy which brought me, my sip, its taste and warmth in a perfect balance. My sip, seemed to be no different from me or the pleasure that I derived from it or the satisfaction I got from it.
There was so much silence within me that for the first time I indeed felt ‘woken up’ to start the day,. As I came out of this state of perfect union, my mind asked me, ‘If I could not have been relaxed while sipping a cup of tea, what achievements on earth could ever make me relax?’ The second thought popped out as a mantra to start the day…. Simply Experience! Yes! That’s what my day was to be…A relaxed Experience!! My own sincere urge had shown me the way. From then a cup of tea became a cup of Prayer…..A Perfect Morning Prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment